ROSA Mirroring Policy
How to become an official mirror of ROSA Distribution
If you want to become an official ROSA Distribution mirror, have a server with enough free space and a wide internet channel, please, read the following guide to become one.
Please note that, in order to be an official mirror, you must maintain your mirror in a moderate health, so that its uptime and bandwidth should not be a problem for people who use it.
- Minimal upload speed
Minimal upload speed required to become an official mirror is 20 MBit/s.
- Space Needed
At least 60 Gb.
- Rsync and cron command
We recommend to use rsync + cron to ensure that your mirror is updated regularly.
In order to have a synced ROSA you must be able to setup a regularly running rsync script on your server.
We propose to use a following command:
rsync -avH --partial --delete-after --delay-updates --exclude '.*' <rsync mirror url> /path/to/the/repo/
- Official secondary mirrors
Here are our official secondary mirrors:
- mirror.yandex.ru Russian Federation, Moscow
- mirrors.coreix.net Great Britain, London
- How to submit a mirror request
When your mirror is running and set up, you should contact ROSA via official bugzilla mirror request
- Open a bug with the "Becoming an official mirror" title.
- This bug will be private and visible only to ROSA employees; no information you enter will be shared.
- Bug text must consist of:
- location of the mirror (city and country)
- mirror contact/admin (name, email address - only one)
- available bandwidth
- which primary mirror you are using
- list of your URLs, including protocol used among http / ftp (anonymous) / rsync
- Welcome to Official ROSA Mirrors! The nearby users will use your mirror to receive updates.