Difference between revisions of "ROSA Maintainer HowTo"
(remove to publish (this probably was a bad idea))
m (1 revision: add maintainer quickstart)
Revision as of 21:11, 12 May 2012
Maintaing packages within ROSA build framework means working on our build server, ABF. ABF currently is open for applying to anyone, but we have some slight restrictions. In order to register on ABF please fill all required fields in the invitation form, and very soon ( from 12 to 24 hours) your request will be approved. Please note that requests with obviously fake and wrong data will be rejected. As soon as your request is fulfilled you are free to log in. When you log in for the first time, you can use any password you like, it will be considered to be your password from that time.
To get a quick info on ABF and how to operate with it, please read ABF description and guides
While generally you are free to build any packages you want in any way you like in your private repo, it is appreciated to follow our general maintainer's policies and guidelines.
If you want to become one of the maintainers of the ROSA distribution
If you want to maintain ROSA packages, either in main or in contrib repositories you will need to do the following steps:
- Register on ABF, read the ABF guides to get started with it.
- Read general RPM guideline
- Read general Packaging guidelines
- Read general Packaging policies
- Spend some time building packages you want to maintain to your private repo to get started with our build system.
- File a bug on ROSA bugzilla:
- Choose ROSA Linux product
- Choose a component that you want to maintain
- Fill or leave empty RPM package field
- Fill Summary field with "Becoming an official ROSA maintainer" title
- Enter some data about you in the Desciption, including packages that you want to maintain, your experience, contacts and ( if available ) link to your private repo on ABF.
- Please set "Employees of ROSA" checkbox, if you want this bug to be visible only to ROSA employees.
- Wait for feedback from ROSA Desktop team
- Congratulations, you're now one of ROSA Desktop maintainers!
In course of the review of your request, we will subscribe you to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is the primary project's mailing list, and important information for maintainers is posted there (among other things).
What if just want to build some custom packages without becoming a maintainer?
- Just build them in your private repo at ABF.
- Share the link to your repository to your users!