ROSA Desktop Fresh R11.1 Release Notes
From Rosalab Wiki
Link to Rosa Fresh R11.1 installation images: http://mirror.rosalab.ru/rosa/rosa2016.1/iso/ROSA.Fresh.R11.1/
General principles of all ROSA Linux releases:
- Fast installation of a working system as a ready solution for the user without any extra questions and settings (the installer copies the Live system to the disk using rsync)
- Maximum possible support for various hardware configurations, incl. there are pre-installed non-standard drivers for popular WiFi adapters, booting on systems with UEFI is supported
- Reinstall the system while preserving all user data (assuming it is set by default), which allows even an inexperienced user to restore the system in case of failures (i.e., automatic partitioning makes a separate / home partition, which will be saved when the system is reinstalled will be formatted)
- Most of the programs needed by the user are immediately in the image, and the rest are set up in the majority of our repositories, without surfing the manufacturers websites and connecting third-party repositories
- Ability to work with the system without using the command line, including the installation of proprietary drivers for video cards through a graphical or pseudo-graphic interface
- You can easily rebuild any ISO image, making the necessary changes
- Increased attention to the Russian localization
General features of the R11.1 release compared to the previous one:
- Components updated to new stable versions, fixed a large number of errors.
- Up systemd to 243 version, up LibreOffice to current version - 6.3.5.
- The base kernel used is the Linux kernel-generic 5.4, based on the generic kernel 5.4 LTS, with additions and settings specific to ROSA (for example, full preemption, SELinux support instead of AppArmor, etc.). Other kernel versions are available in separate repositories: x86_64, i586
- Improved support for SAMBA domains