ROSA Desktop Fresh GNOME R7
ROSA Desktop Fresh GNOME R7 is a distribution for enthusiasts in constantly changing Linux world. It contains new GNOME 3.16 with new notification, system tray and themes style.
- ROSA Desktop Fresh GNOME R7 Release Notes
- Optimizing Fresh R7 for machines with limited hardware resources
- Desktop Fresh R7 Errata - possible error fixes and workarounds
- 32bit UEFI ISO (Контрольная сумма md5sum: 6e62f9acd7a7b4a652e519547950056a)
- 64bit UEFI ISO (Контрольная сумма md5sum: 8e98de1ef148eff0cc163de8cde89d15)
- 32bit ISO (Контрольная сумма md5sum: c76b4a67368e09eee2446630cfc44d66)
- 64bit ISO (Контрольная сумма md5sum: 0fb3f1fc9bfd1a423518da6305a79f73)
or from Yandex-CDN.
Install Additional Software
You can install a lot of additional software from ROSA repositories. In order to do this, launch "Install and Remove Software" program from the System Settings panel (aka "Configure Your System").
In particular, in ROSA repositories you will find:
We recommend to use versions from our repositories.
If for some reason you are not satisfied by OpenJDK provided with ROSA, you can install Oracle Java from the official site. Due to license restrictions, we cannot put it to our repositories.
Alternative Desktop Environments
You can also try our default ROSA Desktop Fresh with KDE4 or new version of Plasma 5.
Besides them, ROSA repositories provide alternative lightweight desktop environments. For some of them our community members prepare separate ISO images from time to time. But at any moment you can get one of these environments on your desktop just by installing corresponding task- package.